Improve Your Sports Performance
As an athlete, food is your fuel! If you eat and drink the right foods, you will be able to perform your sport longer and at a higher level than athletes who may be in better shape, but who fail to take advantage of the latest in sports nutrition. Proper “fueling” can help keep your mind clear and your focus sharp so that you can execute more consistently. In short, food can give you a competitive edge! Whether you are a competitive or recreational athlete, proper diet can make your exercise easier and more enjoyable. After all, if you’re running on fumes, there isn’t going to be much pep in your step.
If you have difficulty “dialing in” your sports nutrition, it’s time to invest in some professional help. I can help you understand the following:
- What to eat and drink during an event to optimize speed and endurance
- What to eat after exercise to maximize gains and minimize recovery time
- What to eat on a daily basis so that you get the most out of training and prevent “heavy legs” and “bad days”
- Which supplements your body needs to perform at its best
- How to reach and maintain your goal weight without starving yourself or sacrificing performance
I know from personal experience that eating and drinking the right "fuel" before, during, and after exercise makes a huge difference. I raced my mountain bike in the EFTA series for 4 years. I’ve completed the Vermont 50 Mile mountain bike race 9 times, the Craftsbury Ski Marathon twice, the inaugural Hampshire 100 mountain bike race, and the D2R2 three times (180 km twice). With the proper fuel, exercise is so much more fun, so much more enjoyable, and so much easier! Take advantage of it! It's the last legal edge!